Observations  How Culture can make you see things differently

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hi Guys,

I was actually joking when i post the first post on the Girlschase Lifestyle board. The actual joke was about me noting Chase first, but then everyone noted it, too. Apparently Franco and Chase were online and they commented, and i felt something. We were slightly off in the same wavelength. The observation here is not that everyone noted, (although i didn't know that everyone noted it after i did and Franco did it at the same time, too)

but rather i realize a culture phenomenon.

I see this with Caucasians in Asia. Most Asian people treat Westerners seriously because of the form of communication. While some people say that some Asians do this, are just ought to get Westerners money, tie them down and get married but i realize it is the way of communication. If an Western guy comes and jokes with me in a "Western way", i might not get it. and it works the same likewise if i joke to him in a "Asian way".

The way of communication between ethnicity astounds me. :) It's amazing. (It's like radio frequency, where one is in another wavelength, and another is in another wavelength, and that itself can result in laughters and to some parts in the world, if they don't understand it, can become violence).

Zac

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Yeah, I knew that was joking (think you had a giant "XD" in there, too).

Thing is the phrase "Many a truth is said in jest" - I try to acknowledge people even when they say things jokingly, because the fact that someone even thought of something usually mean there is some kernel of importance to them in the joke.

So, things that are said jokingly - it's usually still advised to acknowledge the person / statement regardless!

Chase

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Chase,

Chase said:
Thing is the phrase "Many a truth is said in jest" - I try to acknowledge people even when they say things jokingly, because the fact that someone even thought of something usually mean there is some kernel of importance to them in the joke.

How can i convince you otherwise? :( it's genuine!!!

z@c+

>