Hot new intern at work - yay or nay?

Bismarck

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
What's up fellas,

Not sure what the philosophy at GC is wrt girls at work since the metoo phenomenon but here's a situation I'm currently grappling with.

Without this meaning any slowing down of a consistent program of approaching during the day - when the weather permits - either going out for walks solely to procure snatch, or cold approaching "as I go about my day," with potential late afternoon/early evening supplementation, there is a new girl at work that appears to be ripe for the plucking.

At the beginning of March, this intern joined my general office even if not my specific section (her hierarchy is different from mine). We're on the same floor, but it is a large floor, and she is not on my side (open space). The likelihood that we will ever work together is very slim, like her long legs and graceful figure. We do occasionally bump into each other in the corridors or our floor's kitchen though.

The girl is probably 25/26, so not the freshest crop out there, but still at an acceptable age in terms of her body's shelf life. Tall, slim, slender, with long flowing dark brown hair, she hails from Southern Europe, and while I wouldn't call her beautiful, I would call her cute. She appears to have a nice ass. Her style is on point, but what caught my eye is her extremely feminine, or bashful, demeanor.

Very soon after her line manager introduced her to my colleagues and me, like the second time I saw her, I told her, "We would invite you to have lunch with us but we are going outside to eat," as a male colleague and I were eating out that day. Afer that, I may have seen her once or twice in the kitchen, always greeting everyone there (as I usually do), her included.

Then one day, possibly during her third week here, I invited her and the other intern to come and have lunch with us. They said yes. I said, "Ok let's meet downstairs in 5/10 minutes". It was nice to see them downstairs waiting for us haha. My male colleague and I thus took them both to lunch in the canteen. He sat next to the less attractive one, and I was next to the one from my floor (the subject of this inquiry thread).

At one point during the lunch a bubble formed between the hottie and me, and she was explaining how, due to her nervousness, when her upper manager invited her for a coffee during her first week she'd let her coffee cup fall and break on the floor. The way she was describing it made her sound so delicate, and frail, like a flower, that I was compelled to rub her elbow area a little bit, her having activated a "protector" program from my masculine essence in the form of kino.

Before I went on holiday last week I went into the kitchen three times more with her there. During the first I invited the assembled ladies (older female colleagues) and her to come for a walk with some other colleagues and me in the park (our office building is located close to a park) as the weather was nice that day. They said they unfortunately had to decline. I walked into the kitchen later that afternoon to get a toothpick and the hottie was there. She asked me how the walk went, and wanted to retain me, to get my attention, but I was brief since I had to get back to work.

The final time I saw her in the kitchen she smiled at me and looked down submissively.

Things escalated last Thursday. It was my first time back in the office after hols, and I was sitting at my desk - this was after lunch, sometime in the afternoon - when she passed by on the corridor, saw me, and came up to my desk. She inquired how my holidays had been, and we had a brief chat. There were at least two or three moments during this chat when she and I weren't talking, but we were both still looking at each other. It helps that there was barely anyone else there when this exchange transpired. Next, she invited me to have a coffee with her in the kitchen. In the kitchen, she was seated on a high chair fully facing me with her legs crossed sipping her espresso while I stood drinking my tea. We were pretty close. The kitchen door was open, however. After some time, I told her "I enjoy your company, but I need to get back to work." She said, "Thank you for keeping me company during my coffee," as we both walked out.

Has anyone here successfully smashed a hot intern at the office? How did you do it?

The way I see it, I can either deny keeping her company the next time (if it ever comes) she invites me to have a coffee in the kitchen due to being "too busy," while offering, instead, to "get a coffee after work one of these days" OR I can contrive to meet her in a social setting outside the office, such as the bar district where yuppies go Thursday nights, and there, outside of the office, flirt openly with her, and invite her out for a drink just the two of us.

I wouldn't be considering any of this if I didn't feel strong sexual tension with this girl, electrically charged EC, mutual attraction, etc. I know, from past experience, that the "spark" will dissipate if I don't strike while the iron is hot. I sense there is a WoO now. Also, what's the worst that can happen? As long as I'm not inappropriate, and stay smooth and calibrated, this shouldn't cause me any headaches.

Or am I deluding myself, playing with fire in the developed world in the 2020s?

Michael Chief

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Nay (for now).

Maybe it's just my American attitude but business and pleasure should be kept separate. That said, there have been plenty of times I broke my own rules even though I try hard not to shit where I eat.

The optimal strategy is to keep being attractive via value without doing anything else, and to make a move when/if she's leaving the company.

This was not one of those times where I broke my personal rule of not sleeping with co-workers – because I waited until she quit before making a move!

Every time I saw her walking away, I would feel an inspiration akin to an artist witnessing a miracle of nature… her ass was fine as hell. Getting her number and texting her was playing with fire since we were co-workers, but I kept things friendly, not really flirting – until the day she told me she was quitting. It was then I told her straight up that we could not be friends. "Why not?" she asked. "Because I would be hitting on you too much," I replied. After she responded positively to that, we decided to have a drink together and sparks were flying.

We slept together, even though she had a boyfriend (I wasn't always the most ethical of PUAs, but I try harder these days), so I thought there was potential for her to not want exclusivity.
(From my old GC article)

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
@Bismarck,

Here's my take.

Every guy working an office job is doing this. So is every girl. Or thereabouts. When I worked in Corporate America there was a lot of office place shagging going on. I had a female friend in the office who used to tell me about her escapades with various of our office mates... hearing about these dudes' sexual misadventures from the girl's perspective was hilarious.

That said, there is a risk of fallout when you start messing around with chicks at work. I don't know how great the risk is. It's not huge, but it's always there. Just to make a rough guess it's maybe:

• 25% chance of office rumors about you when she blabs about intimate details to coworkers.
  • 10-15% chance of drama at the office because she gets too attached (or you do) or someone ends up jilted.
  • 3-4% chance of her turning vengeful and siccing the HR department on you.
  • 1-2% chance of actually getting fired over an office romance.

So it's a bit like playing Russian roulette with your job, except the odds are a bit better than the traditional six-chambers-one-bullet variety of Russian roulette. You've got more chambers in the gun barrel and fewer chances of blowing your employment head off.

Personally, I never took it farther than flirting in the office so long as I was still working with a girl.

After she left or I did, I'd bang her then. It's probably easier this way... she's not worried about workplace fallout and neither are you. No need to worry about rumors, reputation, etc. (plus, if she gets clingy... which, I don't know about you, but chicks I shag after knowing socially ALWAYS do, it is much easier to not have to deal with that at your current place of employment)

This is easy to do with an intern. Just wait until her term is almost up, then tell her, "Hey, once you're out of here, we ought to grab a coffee sometime." If she says sure, then take her contact info. Text her after she leaves to set the date up. Easy-peasy.

Bonus points: since you're waiting until she's out from being under you, they can't even accuse you of using "power dynamics." Even feminists are satisfied with this play!

If the pull is just too strong though, and you still want to bang her at work, you might want to give Drexel's article on doing this a peek:

Chase

Warped Mindless

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
As a business consultant that has worked with a lot of businesses I’ll chime in…

It depends.

In some places I’ve worked with it really seemed like everyone was fucking everyone.

In other places sleeping with a coworker was a sure way to lose your job.

You have to judge your own place and see where on the spectrum your place of employment is.

That said, I’ve seen many a talented individual lose their job over office romance/sex that went wrong. Just understand that right or wrong, HR a most always sides with the woman.

Dimension

Space Monkey
space monkey
Don't go for women in your work enviroment.. I have done this mistake and it cost me leaving my previous work, because it was unbareable to work there.. Well it wasn't the only reason but it made enough impact on my decision moving on.. It brought me uncomfortable situations more times than i can count, and some people even knew that we had a thing and it was frustrating hell out of me ..
It may be fun to fuck a girl at your workplace office or WC, but i don't really recommend doing that.. especially if your intentions are to hump and dump..

It is very alluring to seduce her, but it wont do you any good, i promise you..

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
no way...

Bismarck

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Thanks for all your thoughtful input guys, I appreciate it.

@Michael Chief and @POB: yeah, I think I'll go for what you suggest (which was what I was planning to do before things escalated last Thursday). I would ask you though, how have you ensured that the "spark" never goes away even for months while seeing this person at the office once or twice a week if not more during that time?

@Chase: thanks for your percentage estimates and for linking the article. I've read it and noted what to keep in mind should I decide to pull the trigger with her before her internship ends on 31 July 2024 (keep in mind she's said she wants to stay, and if she keeps up her dedication they may award her an extension on her contract somehow). I'd hate to wait around forever...

@Warped Mindless: thanks for your opinion - yes, the place where I work is quite uppity. Because most of my colleagues are older, the chances of an office romance are reduced. However, I had this 40-year-old divorced single mother colleague aggressively make out with me early during my time here, after I got a tea (she ordered a beer) after I tested my new tour of the city with her and another client on her birthday 2 years ago. I told her that I was flattered but that since we worked together I couldn't accept (knowing that if I took her home - we were 1 minute away - I could have taken her ass if I'd wanted).

@Dimension and @Skills: yeah, like with Michael Chief, I think holding back while she's in the office, provided she doesn't stay there forever (see what I wrote to Chase above), will probably be more hassle-free for me.

POB

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
@Michael Chief and @POB: yeah, I think I'll go for what you suggest (which was what I was planning to do before things escalated last Thursday). I would ask you though, how have you ensured that the "spark" never goes away even for months while seeing this person at the office once or twice a week if not more during that time?
I dated two former interns of mine...sadly, none of them panned out :(

I think the best course of action is to back off from contact on working hours and try to set up brief but deep conversations only after the daily work is done. Keep it very casual, but flirty. Try to probe for past lovers information, but don't tell her too much about yourself.
Some light introductory gambits could do the trick here. Just do not push it any further for now.

I would def not text her with juicy seduction stuff though, because we never know if she will flip the script and use it as harrassment material in a court of law (can never be too sure these days).

Michael Chief

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
In my experiences we were generally too busy to socialize all that much during work hours, so that helped to keep things a bit mysterious. You could artificially keep at-work interactions shorter with false time constraints (lol) but still emotionally exciting for her.

>