Girl with bf: missed window?

DarkJedi

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
So I usually take the cases when a girl says she has a bf at face value and don't bother, but this one seemed different. I'd like to know your thoughts.

I was looking up something on the phone in the street when I noticed a girl coming towards me from far, in a very chill pace (these ones always good for approach!). I let her come close while pretending to look on the phone. Looked up just in time to see her looking. Bingo!

I let her pass, caught up with her and opened her from the side in a very direct and playful way, more high energy than my usual. She laps it up, all smiley and crossed legs. We chitchat for a while and joke around for a few minutes. And seeing that she's in a very chill mood, I ask to go for a coffee with me. She then says that she has to go home to her boyfriend. I laugh at that, saying it is such a bummer and that he's ruining our romance. She laughs and then says she gotta go but she loves that I'm so open and friendly (argh! I took that as a negative). She proposes let's exchange instagram in case I have some questions about Krakow (I'm visiting for a month) or if I want to grab a coffee later. I follow on insta her and she immediately follows me back then and there.

That's all great and I wouldn't have thought a second thought about it. I thought of sending a text to her but completely forgot. But 2 days later I notice she unfollowed me. Normally a girl who would follow me out of politeness wouldn't bother, so I was wondering if that was her auto-rejecting.

Jan

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
It seems to me that the girl may indeed have a boyfriend but was open for a discrete fling. Maybe she didn't want to go for coffee because she didn't want anyone she knows/especially her boyfriend to see you two together. Maybe the boyfriend is very jealous, dramatic or something.

Her instagram unfollow adds some validitity points to this hypothesis. She took the risk and followed you on Insta, but you didn't take the shots so she unfollowed you. Why unfollow? So her jealous boyfriend wouldn't cause drama about her following some random dudes on insta.

If I found myself in this situation, I would probe her to meet her discretly. I would ask her what would be the best time and place for a short, friendly meeting. If she was too lazy to think about this, I would invite her to my place. You would have to create some plausible deniability (so she can present it to her boyfiriend, in case he asks). But obviously the schedule would have to fit her situation big time.

Time is a major consideration in these types of situations. Her jealous boyfriend can call at any time, so you have to be FAST and DECISIVE with everything.

>