Date Plans  Ghosting after strong IOI from poly girl

new_rabbit

Rookie
Rookie
I met this girl at an emo party. She was doing an interesting cosplay and I opened by telling her she was the most impressive one here. We exchanged a few words and established touch, then left. I regretted not asking for her #3 after that so on the next time I encountered her I asked for it. That is the rough exchange:
Her: "You want my Insta?"
Me (after being burned by that in the past): "Nah I don't do that. Give me your number"
Her: "You're going to have competition"
Me: "You as well"
Her: "I mean, I'm already in 2 relationships right now, are you sure you wanna continue?"
Me (kinda suprised, but still going): "Sure, go ahead"

During all the interactions she was very receptive to touch and smiling widely, it felt natural and good. Guess it also was my "winner auora" that started from getting another (admittengly, not so attractive girl) asking for my number that led me to have more confidence to approach that night.

Later when bumping into each other I also grabbed her by the hand for a picture along with my friend. She was very receptive and jokingly hit me and rubbed my head, and later when she went away she gave me a hug. I asked her if she's going to bed, which she inferred as having sex and told me not to get ahead of myself but I switched it up by telling her it was an innocent question and she has her mind in the gutter.

Anyhow, I messaged her later that night:
Me: "Glad to have met! - Rabbit"
Her: "Me too ☺"
Me (later in the afternoon): "So how does it go? An interview with the current partners or something? Like Scott Pilgrim?"
Her: "Haha nah. You and I sit one on one and see if you are cute and not only at the party"

The next exchanges over text were trying to schedule a time and place. Even then I noticed she'd take quite a while to message back. We scheduled for the next week, but she had to cancel last minute for her moms' birthday party.

I later got the pic of us the photographer shot at the party with the cosplay and sent it to her, telling her "if you don't come like that I won't be arriving" to which she replied "haha nah"
We scheduled again for the weekend, and the day before I confirmed it with her - she told me she can meet after dinner with her familiy for ice cream near my place, and later confirmed 10PM Saturday ("Yes, after I finish the family meal, I can no prob👍🏽😊").
That Saturday afternoon I sent her a message to make sure she's coming "Hey! Make sure you see each other here in six and a half hours" and then another joke (which was probably a bad move) "And just so you know, if you come like that, I'll consider paying for you ;))"

She did not read or reply to it, and that was it.
A week later I tried calling her, and while later still I sent her (which was also kinda stupid) "Bro. I don't get why I'm still not blocked"

Freakester

Space Monkey
space monkey
When she flaked, did you try to immediately reschedule? If so, that's a mistake.

I could be making assumptions but your texts made her feel like you might be needy. I'm not an expert on text game and keep it very simple just to get logistics down. So feel free to take others opinion on this.

She was testing you in the rough exchange you posted. Whenever a girl tests you like that, you can flirt with her instead. But it depends on your mood.

She: I am in two relationships already. Are you sure you want to continue?
Me: Hey we just met and you are trying to rope me in (playfully with a wink or smile)

You could have also challenged her back, saying she is such a slut (and you like it instead of in a judgmental way).

I can't tell from your response, "Sure, go ahead" if you were flustered by this. The main thing is to remain chill. Sometimes I will outright ignore it and talk about something else.

Like slight smile, and change the subject 'what do you do for work?'

There's not a lotta information here to actually give more constructive feedback. But she at least hooked and agreed to a date with you. That's something.

We have all had girls flake on us (sometimes because of our mistakes and sometimes not)

Chin up and forget about it man. Onto the next one.

>