Long-Term  Does social dancing cause relationships to fall?

1mag1ne

Space Monkey
space monkey
So I’ve been dating that girl who’s into street dance and she used to be be a competitive Latin dancer before. I really thought she has given up Latin but recently she brought it up and said she would like to dance Latin competitively again.
And that is what makes me feel uncomfortable - I feel bad for not letting her pursue her passion but at the same time I am not cool with her having fun and having so much of physical contact with other guys. We had an argument over it yesterday and we kinda agreed she’ll do it casually without having a permanent partner this summer. I am feeling slightly lost since I still think that’s not a beneficial thing to a monogamous relationship. Of course, the chance of something happening is low but just like clubs I believe it’s not smart to put yourself in tempting/risky situations.
Are my concerns not that big of a deal or should I just end this relationship?

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
1mag1ne-

I'm late to the thread here, but sure, yeah, that's a legitimate threat to a monogamous relationship, of course.

She'll spend loads of time touching, dancing, laughing, flirting with attractive, sexy men who know how to dance and are good at it. Many of the men who stay in this space long enough to get good in it treat it as a way so sleep with girls. They don't do it just because they are passionate about dance. Typically they will have decent game and be hounds about it... they know even if a girl has a partner, if she is there, with them, dancing, there is something the partner is not giving her that she is hoping to find with them. Excitement, perhaps. Or passion. Or a combination of things.

Sex is always going to be on the table. It might be harder to get with some women than others. But some of the men who are there are going to be up for the challenge.

When I've dealt with situations like this with women, my position has always been "Hey look, that's fine if you want to do it. You should go be free to dance with guys, touch them, laugh with them, flirt with them. I completely understand. We cannot stay together though... just doesn't work for me. I'm not going to hold you back though - you should be free to do what you want."

Then just stick to your guns on it. Every time she tries to compromise: "I can see you want to do it, and I don't want to hold you back. You should be free."

She will either give up trying to have a bunch of sexy dudes around her, or accept her freedom to go have sexy dudes around her, as a single woman.

Chase

>